Saturday, December 1, 2007

John J. Donahue 0-383566

Hg. 985th FAB APO 4774

Postmaster New York, NY

August--1943 (date was cut out )



Dearest Marie--Again I must report to you the (way) uncle Sam treats his fighting men 100% before they leave. I have hotel service, wonderful quarters and the best food I have ever eaten in my life. Hope I don't get seasick and spoil the fun of all these things. Best of all the weather is actually chilly but that is probalbly because we were conditioned in the south. I bet you are quite chilly too after weltering in hot stuffy Muskogee.


Would like to hear about your trip home and how the folks feel. Bet they all felt too sorry for us. Of course, you and I can be very, very happy for the good times we have been able to sneak out of our married life so far and most especially for those six days leave.

Another thing that interests me very much is that lettle question mark. Are you sure that you are pregnant or are you just guessing. I sure hope we were successful and I'll tell you right now if it is a boy its gotta be a junior eh what? Gosh I'll be glad to get home again to see you Patsy and Junior(?)
I don't know when you will receive this letter, But let me emphasize again not to worry. My mind is free and I am happy. I am at peace with God and the world and intend to stay that way. Nothing very serious can happen to me because I trust and have faith in the protection of the Lord. I am wearing a scapular medal, carrying medals in my pocket, along with a rosary and a minature soldiers missal. That should be sufficient. Will close now.
Your loving husband
John

No comments: